Family Activity | The Penpal Project

The Summer that my oldest graduated Pre-K, I planned for him keep in touch with his friends over the Summer with letters back & forth with his classmates, and The Penpal Project was born. He loved getting mail each week from friends and family that Summer. You can read the original post here.

Given the circumstances and the social distancing that we're currently going through, I thought it was a great time to bring this project back!


My kids miss their friends terribly, so in addition to the new FaceTime & Zoom playdates, we started writing letters to our friends & family! Not only does it encourage their friendship while apart, but it gives them a chance to improve their handwriting, practice making complete sentences and learning how to properly address & mail a letter!  Plus, who doesn't love getting mail? 


To help start the conversation for their letters, we came up with some questions to ask. 

What have you been reading? 
What was the last movie you watched? 
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 
Do you have any favorite games to play? 

I've included the template I designed for you below. Simply click and save the file for your own use! I'd recommend including a blank copy in your envelope for the friend to easily write back. 


I hope this fun activity inspires you & your family to send a good ole fashion note to someone you love or to a friend, just to say hello. 

Hoping you're all keeping healthy & sane, during this time at home.
 I'd love to hear how The Penpal Project is going for you! 






No comments