New Year, Better Mom

Happy New Year, friends!

I hope the busy month of December treated you well as you spent time with your families and wrapped up another year! How have you been?

As we start a fresh new year, I was thinking of resolutions, or goals I'd like to set for myself & the family. What goals are you aiming for in the new year?

I want to be a better mom.
I want to do less nagging & yelling and more fun & spontaneous adventures with my crew.


I want to do better about being present with my kids!

My oldest son's birthday a couple of weeks ago, in between the hustle and bustle of the holidays, really hit me hard. He turned 8. EIGHT! I know, I know, it's a little dramatic, he didn't turn 16 or anything, but I know that's not far off! (insert ugly crying face here)
He's growing faster than I can keep up, and I just wish I could freeze time. (Every mother's wish, right?)

I want to try to really savor the moments I have with my kids, especially while they're little. My goal this year, is to do more of that. Savor our time together. Be intentional with our time together.


Who else is with me? :)

Less Netflix bingeing, and more marathon reading with my boys!

Less chores after school and more pillow fort building!

Less Instagramming (this one will be hard ) but more dance parties!


It's not a drastic change, but I'm going to commit to putting my phone down more often & really play and enjoy quality time with them. They deserve that. I know one day soon, I'll blink...and they'll be grown. I hope you'll join me in savoring more quality time with your littles as a goal this year too!

No comments