Park City Getaway

I'm playing catch up on the blog, but I tell ya, I don't mind one bit to hitting pause for a moment to re-live these memories!!! Here's a glimpse into our little, Winter getaway in December!!!

The first week in December we left our boys with their grandparents for a few days to fly to Park City, Utah for a wedding. We had visited Utah before, however, never in the Winter, and boy, we were in for a treat!!


We were thrilled to be getting some couple time and a chance to visit with so many dear friends that are sprinkled all over the country! And the scenery was exquisite! It was so beautiful! The snow capped mountains, the beautiful white snow on the ground, the chill in the air... I was in heaven! Although, I missed my boys so very much, (I cried each time we spoke with them!) I really enjoyed having quality time with my hubby that weekend!

Onto the wedding weekend fun!! Our getaway begins upon our arrival at the gorgeous, Montage Deer Valley Resort, in Park City, referred to us by locals, as 'the Queen of the Mountain'! This resort was stunning!!

On our drive up to the gorgeous, Montage Deer Valley Resort

Waiting on the rest of the crew to arrive! 
A little lunch in Park City with the Norsemen crew! (minus 2 other couples) 


After some lunch downtown, at High West Distillery + Saloon , it was nearing kick-off for the wedding festivities! First up, enjoying hot toddies in the beautiful, Apres Lounge, a very cool yurt at the base of Deer Valley ski slopes, designed by Veuve Clicquot! There was a lot of love & plenty of bubbly flowing in that chic little yurt! :)  

The gorgeous bride & groom

This little lounge was the coolest! Beautifully decorated and super cozy, made for a perfect start to the wedding weekend! 


The ceiling of our yurt had the coolest little window! 

Just before we wrapped up at the yurt, it began to snow! Snapping, an "it's snowing" picture, was a must!! :)


The boys went ahead of the wives to attend the rehearsal, but we met them later, after we enjoyed some of the amenities the Montage had to offer, like smore's on the terrace!! Not just any smore's, but giant, freshly-made, gourmet marshmallows & dark chocolate, made any way you could dream of!! 


I might have eaten more than 1... :) 



We were whisked away shortly after, down the mountain to enjoy dinner at a beautiful spot, River Horse on Main. We were treated to a decadent meal and wonderful speeches and tributes to the bride and groom. I'm sure, I had the goofiest grin on my face the entire time, but there was so much love for this couple, it was lovely to witness! :) 

Every detail was stunning!!

Loving this adventure with my handsome hubby! 
Downtown Park City is just adorable and all lit up at night, it was perfection! After the rehearsal dinner, we took a brisk walk down to another great spot, The Spur, for a welcome party to mix and mingle with other wedding guests in town for the big day! 

Some downtime with the groom!


Turning in for the night to cozy & prep for the day ahead, was simple with the most gorgeous fireplace in the main hall and in our suite as well!!! Not to mention, the delicious little chocolates that awaited us each night in our suite! I loved all the little details! 


I will leave you with this last photo for now, our view from our balcony at sunset! 

I hear a little babe waking from his nap, but be sure to catch part 2 of this post!! There are so many photos I want to share, I need continue with a second post!!! I'll share our skiing experience and the gorgeous wedding, so stay tuned for that!!! :) 




No comments