Oympic Fever

We've got Olympic Fever over here!! I've always loved the Olympics. Maybe it's because, I still remember my 10 year old self, wishing to be Kerri Strug from the '96 Olympics! I still get excited to watch the US Women's Gymnastics show their skills at each Olympics! To attend the Olympic Games, is something on my bucket list! Who knows, maybe one day I'll be there cheering on one of my boys in a sport of their own! :)  

Jack, is really excited about the Olympics this year & of course, we share that in common! So, when he asked us to DVR the games for him to watch during the day, we were all about it!!! 

In honor of the Olympic Games and wrapping up our Summer Break, I wanted to do some fun crafts with the boys! It was messy, but oh so fun!! Check out the fun afternoon we had making our very own medals and our own Olympic flags! 

Olympic Medals-

To make your own medals, you'll need the following:
Blue, Black, Red, Yellow and Green paint {I like using a washable tempera paint, find a similar one here}
Yellow or Gold card stock
Scissors
Paint brush
Patriotic ribbon



Jack is concentrating hard on making his rings on the medal! He was really into this project!! 



After waiting for the paint to dry, {and a snack break} we were able to put our medal together. We glued the card stock to the ribbon so it would hang nicely on his chest. BAM! We just won GOLD! :)

Olympic Flag 

To make the Olympic flag, we used the tempera paint and white card stock. We used hand prints as our rings on the flag! This was a tad bit messy with a curious toddler, but fun none the less! 



 Max giggled each time I painted his hand for the next color! I only wish I could have grabbed video! I used the timer on the camera to catch this shot! :)


And this is where things got a little messy! A quick run to the sink to clean up before I had a 2 year old paint a mural on my kitchen walls! LOL!

We had a blast making these Olympic crafts and I hope you will too! We are rooting for Team USA and hope for more GOLD medals this week!




No comments