Proses go to New England!

We just returned from a quick family vacation. A much needed vacation, a well-deserved vacation. A sweet family get-a-way that I wish we were still on. I am skipping past a few blog posts that I haven't finished yet, but I can't contain my excitement over the photos from our trip to New England. It was just too beautiful to wait!! I fell in love with New England, can you tell?? My husband worked incredibly hard for us to enjoy a little vacation and we're truly blessed to have the opportunity to visit such a beautiful place and visit some wonderful friends!
We paid a visit to friends and their family that are currently stationed in Newport, Rhode Island. I must give credit to the 'guys' for putting the wheels in motion for this trip, the wives only took care of the smaller details, but the guys/husbands put the trip together. A wonderful group of friends traveled from all over the country to meet in Rhode Island for a few days, and it was a blast! We rented a beautiful barn house with enough rooms for 10 adults and 4 kids! Once everyone arrived in Newport, it was time to check out the scenic ocean-side town!

Here's a look at our wonderful visit to New England!
The gorgeous home we rented, The Hedgegate House
Jack loved the cool kites behind him at Brenton Point! 

Our wonderful hosts, The Petrini Family, gave us a great little tour of their new hometown of Newport. These were just a few of the GORGEOUS mansions along Ocean Drive, a historic district along the southern shore of Newport, leading up to Brenton Point. After the caravan tour of the sites, we headed to Newport's Seafood Festival in the cutest historic downtown! And we found a pumpkin patch too!

 We had a great time! What could be better? A cool breeze from the ocean, lobster rolls, live music, kid crafts and good friends! {I was feelin' like a New England local in my new hat Mike sweet-talked a vendor for!}
I was so happy to have stubbled upon this adorable little pumpkin patch! Of course, I had to let my little guy bring one home! He carried it around ALL day! 
My handsome guys! I'm a blessed girl! 
Jack's little pals, the gorgeous Petrini girls, Madeline & Ella. 

With so many sights to take in, we still managed some downtime in the great big yard at The Hedgegate House! Here's a look at fun we had at the house too! Frisbee, bubbles, and lots of running around honorary 'aunts & uncles'. 


The kids coming in for the night and the sunset view from the wrap around porch of the house! Our first couple days coming to a close in Newport, Rhode Island...but stay tuned, part 2 of our New England trip will be posted soon! 



No comments